What do I do if I have a duplicate entry in a multiple choice field?
You can either Merge the options together (keeping all entries), or you can delete one and keep another (loses all entries in the deleted item).
To Merge or Delete the duplicate options, follow the following steps:
1. Login to your MyGuestlist account
2. Click on the Database Tab
3. Click on the "Manage Fields" link located in the orange menu (top left of the page).
4. Select Change A Field.
5. Select the field you want to edit
6. Click on the Edit Selected Field button.
This will take you to a screen which will allow you to perform some operations on that field. If you click on the "Edit Options" tab, it will allow you to modify the available options including deleting existing options.
However, I would usually recommend that in most cases, you merge the duplicates together so that you don't lose any data. To Merge, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Merge Options" tab
- Select the duplicate values (ie: the values to be merged) using the checkboxes on the left hand side.
- Once you have done that, select one of the options using the drop down on the right. You can do one of the following:
-> Create A New Option and Delete the selected options OR
-> Keep one of the options and delete the rest.